My Political Statement for the Year…or Not.
Posted by emaylerocks
Generally, I keep my opinions of politics and other “current” events out of the limelight. It is just no a conversation I enjoy having with people because it becomes emotional and sticky. However, I feel the need to say a few things because this chit is becoming a slippery slope and I am tired of watching it drip down my news feed and all over the press. It is old and I am ready for the next “big” thing.
- Cecil the Lion. That lion was baited and led out of the protected preserve. Yes, it was unfair for the hunter to do that and he should face consequences. Of course, he will answer to God when it is his time. Keep other issues out of this thing. It is a hunting tragedy and it happens more than you think. This guy just got caught. If you want to put an analogy to it, look at it like this. He did the same thing predators do to children. This will put his actions in the worst light possible. Mmmmkay? It is nothing like having an abortion or any of these other silly issues people are trying to compare it to. Just flippin stop.
- Donald Trump. He is old. He has opinions. He is abrasive. He is to the point. In our feel good world of “lets not hurt someones feelings” his views and bold opinions on things tend to scrape some faces and make them bleed. No, I am not agreeing with any stance he has nor am I standing behind the man in any way. (Besides, if I were, YOU wouldn’t know.) I am just saying I applaud his audacity and this country needs some shock value from a potential leader. We need to piss the public off so they will get off their asses and bring the jobs back to this country and take care of the homelessness and decay we have here instead of worrying about what everyone else is doing. Jeesus people. We are so concerned with making sure our kids are wrapped up in bubble wrap that we fail to let them get their chance to fall off the bike and get a boo boo or figure something out on their own. They don’t know how to play because the way education is force fed to them. Remember the things you enjoyed in elementary school? It was because the teacher taught it in such a way that it was INTERESTING and not the long way to solve a division problem (yes, for you opponents of common core.) Just divide the numbers and go play dammit.
- Confederate Flag. Being near the heart of this whole controversy I have seen it explode across the country. Now there are a lot of communities (especially in the south) holding “confederate flag rallies” and such. Um…..IT IS A FLAG FROM A LONG AGO ERA. The values for that flag are unacceptable in today’s society and it is not that serious people. If you are so proud of your flag, then post one up on your house and leave the rest of the world to choose what flags they want to wave. The important one is Ole Betsy and that should be the end of it. You don’t see me in an uproar because my neighbor chooses to fly her Jamaican flag do you? No. Jeez. Get over it.
OK. I am off my soap box now. I just don’t see why people take things like this so seriously when there are REAL concerns out there. Cancer. Abuse. Starvation. Homelessness. The fact that we are medicating out children for being children. Wow. Look at those things get pushed to the side over a lion, an overly opinionated man or a flag. Our priorities are skewed people.
Just to make it all better lets have an orange flag with a blue X on it and put a picture of Trump on one side and a Lion on the other. Would that make it American?
Didn’t think so.
What do YOU think?
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
About emaylerocksWork at home professional, author, wife, mother of many. I view the world in a slightly different way than the rest. They don't let me out much so I do have a lot of time to think. Speaking of that... What do YOU think?
Posted on August 6, 2015, in Life, Things that will cause hate mail and tagged adhd, children, confederate, controversey, current events, flag, homelessness, hunger, lion, politics, priotities, social media. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.